Does testosterone problem cause depression,low libido,erectile dysfunction and skin rash?

Hi, Over the last 6 weeks, I have been suffering from elevated levels of anxiety and low mood. I have started to feel much better in these regards, and I am seeing cognitive therapy, but I am still suffering from muscle tension (really tight and sore hip flexors/psoas), low mood, no sex drive, erectile dysfunction and rash-like skin on my back (I normally have what would be considered very nice and soft skin). Is it likely that I have a thyroid or testosterone issue?
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Get Testosterone and thyroid hormone levels done Detailed Answer: Hi young man, Thanks for your query. Yes: most of the symptoms are suggestive (but not confirmative) of either, a low testosterone level, thyroid problem or Neurotic depression (anxiety with depression). These symptoms should not be ignored. Incidentally, anxiety is NOT a feature of low Testosterone and thyroid problems. Also, a soft and nice skin too goes against thyroid problem. I would therefore suggest the following course of action:- 1. First, get your Blood Testosterone and Thyroid hormone levels estimation done, followed by appropriate treatment, if applicable. 2. If both tests are normal, you ought to be on an adequate course of a combination of anti-depressants + anti-anxiety drugs. Cognitive therapy alone, will be inadequate. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with me; order required tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Take care, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal