Does test showing virus load detected virus means that person infected with virus?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2014
Apr 2014

Radiologist
Question
Hi doctor !so if the test virus load detected virus that means that person infected with virus Hi doctor !so if the test virus load detected virus that means that person infected with virus ! or something wrong result because that 7 day I have flu shot (influence)!thank Doctor ! have a nice day! ! or something wrong result because that 7 day I have flu shot (influence)!thank Doctor ! have a nice day!
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Viral load is related to flu shot. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Yes,virus load detected in you is related to flu shot. After shot,they are detected in the blood for some days to weeks. These shots contains attenuated forms of virus and they doesn't cause any symptoms. You shouldn't worry. You are perfectly fine. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Does test showing virus load detected virus means that person infected with virus? 8 hours later
Hi doctor ! I talk about hiv virus load , in virus load rna pcr , after flu shot 7 day I have may be result go wrong .They say virus load less than 20 copies but antibodies test hiv is negative after 8 month ! That is something I do not understand , can you help .Thanks

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 15 hours later
Brief Answer: Complete report required Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX I am a bit confused regarding what you intend to ask. May I request you to please attach a copy of the report for PCR RNA in your query. I understand that your HIV antibody test is negative after 8 months. In that case flu shot has no valid significance. Please do write back with complete report details. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX