Does taking ubi q 500 really help in improving erections ?

i am taking ubi q 500 on doctor's advise for cure improper erecting.( very poor erection almost nil ) in his views, my penis nerves r very weak...........???? pl suggest. my age is 48 yrs and weight is 79 kg with height 5'9''. i am having 3 children and already operated for family planning operation.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later

The drug you are taking UBIQ 500 contains ubidecarenone which just an antioxidant and has got no proven role in reducing the symptoms of erectile dysfunction.

In erectile dysfunction, psychological factors do play a very important role. Anxiety is found as the cause most often.

Good couple intimacy is the necessary to reduce the problem. The most helpful factor in treatment is to quit smoking. There are many agents which help this problem like exercise, particularly aerobic exercise is an effective treatment for erectile dysfunction.

The medicines used for the treatment include phosphodiesterase inhibitors and alprostadil. Injections are also available to help in maintaining the erection.
Your physician will help you in choosing the best agent for you after examining you to rule out the contraindicating factors.

When pharmacological methods fail, a purpose-designed external vacuum pump can be used to attain erection, with a separate compression ring fitted to the penis to maintain it.

To increase your sex drive you can add celery, raw oysters, banana, avocado, almonds, eggs, figs, garlic etc.. to your food.

Psychological causes for reduced libido can best be determined and treated by a sexologist. Psychotherapy can be important in this.

If all sexual interest has disappeared, and there is no masturbation either, the hormonal regulation should be examined. If there is any anomaly, treatment is given accordingly.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.