Does taking muscle relaxers interfere with trying to get pregnant?

Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 48 minutes later

Thank you for putting up your problem.

Muscle relaxant in your case cyclobenzaprine does not interfere with your sexual function or the chances of getting pregnant.
Albeit I would like to say that their status about safety during pregnancy and lactation is not clear, so I would recommend that you should switch to topical spray/cream of NSAIDS/counter irritant combination to be on safer side.
They are also quite effective in relieving pain and spasm of joints and muscles.

I hope this information would be both informative and helpful for you. Do let me know if you have more concerns.