Does taking colozal affect menstruation delay?

Colazal (Balsalazide Disodium) Affect Your Menstrual Cycle.

The reason why I ask, is that I am two weeks late on my period. I have taken pregnancy test and all have been negative, one was slightly positive after an hour, but I know that doesn't really count unless my hormone level is very low. My last period was on April 4th. I haven't been on this medicine very long, not even a month, and haven't been very precious, just with my busy life. Hopefully someone knows something...

Posted Mon, 4 Jun 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Colazal is not associated with any delay in the periods or menstrual irregularities.
The delay in periods that you are having with a negative pregnancy test is likely to be due to mild hormonal disturbance. You can wait for a week more for your periods to start and in case this does not happen, you will have to consult your gynecologist for hormonal tablets so that you can have a withdrawal bleeding.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Does taking colozal affect menstruation delay? 3 minutes later
My periods are always on time, I have never missed one since I have started. I have always been in good physical health, and I guess my main concern is there any chance I could be pregnant at all, I know some women have had terrible with urine test, yet I know they can be very accurate.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
If you experience any symptoms of pregnancy then you should check the status of pregnancy. Pregnancy symptoms include absent or delayed period for more than 10 days along with morning sickness, vomiting, frequent urination, feeling tired, tenderness of breasts, light-headedness, feeling dizzy, getting irritated, and increase sensitivity to smell.

In such a case, you can test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test. Also to be very sure, I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.

Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.