Does taking celexa and gabapentin have side effect on male sperm?
User rating for this question
Does taking celexa and gabapentin have a side effect on males sperm?
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Celexa might cause sexual dysfunction Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for writing on XXXXXXX Few studies have shown that citalopram caused decrease in sperm motility and viability, suggesting a spermicidal action of these drugs(SSRIs). In addition, Celexa(Citalopram) might cause sexual dysfunction characterized by inability to develop or maintain an erection of penis, might decrease sexual thoughts and desire, decrease sexual drive and may delay orgasm.These are often seen not only with citalopram but also with other members in its class. There have not been any studies on the effect of gabapentin on the sperm count but has shown to decrease the number of sperms in few animal studies by reducing naturally occurring hormonal levels. Hope this answers your query. Keep us posted for further queries.
People also viewed
- Contraction like pains not pregnant
- How long are roundworms contagious
- Gabapentin side effects gabapentin pain
- Can bromegon 25mg help in gettin pregnant
- Tongol tuna mercury content
- Urine dip test 250blood
- Memory loss taking gabapentin side effects of medicine
- Side effects of taking apo-meloxicam and gabapentin
- Treatment for positive coombs test
- Continuous running nose
- Eating letroz 25mg i am not pregnant
- Does gabapentin and celexa have side effects on sperm
- Thyronorm 25mg side effcets
- Side effects of taking gabapentin
- Detail of tab topaz 25mg