Does taking celexa and gabapentin have side effect on male sperm?
User rating for this question
Does taking celexa and gabapentin have a side effect on males sperm?
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Celexa might cause sexual dysfunction Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for writing on XXXXXXX Few studies have shown that citalopram caused decrease in sperm motility and viability, suggesting a spermicidal action of these drugs(SSRIs). In addition, Celexa(Citalopram) might cause sexual dysfunction characterized by inability to develop or maintain an erection of penis, might decrease sexual thoughts and desire, decrease sexual drive and may delay orgasm.These are often seen not only with citalopram but also with other members in its class. There have not been any studies on the effect of gabapentin on the sperm count but has shown to decrease the number of sperms in few animal studies by reducing naturally occurring hormonal levels. Hope this answers your query. Keep us posted for further queries.
People also viewed
- Noticeable deformity causes
- Why is monocef 200 taken
- Gabapentin side effects gabapentin pain
- Asymptomatic hepatitis b causes
- What the result of tablet naturogest 200 mg after iui
- Memory loss taking gabapentin side effects of medicine
- Side effects of taking apo-meloxicam and gabapentin
- Small epigastric hernia causes
- Dr ayurveda body growth increases height after 20 years
- Keratoacanthoma in 20 year old
- Eosinophilic bronchitis causes
- Does gabapentin and celexa have side effects on sperm
- Exteme supine hypertension causes
- Side effects of taking gabapentin
- Oflomac 200 composition