Does taking Rogaine and Androfol M for a prolonged period cause impotence?

Excellent

Question
Hello, Does taking Rogaine & Androfol M for a prolonged period causes impotence?? Medications to improve hair growth?
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: None of the medicines cause impotence Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. None of these drugs cause impotence following prolonged use. Rogaine (Minoxidil) is used to promote hair growth, though it has several side effects and should therefore be used with caution. On the other hand, Androfil is a derivative of testosterone (male hormone). Although prolonged use of Androfil does not cause impotence, it is not used for hair growth over scalp. Excessive use of Androfil will cause growth of hair all over the body, in those areas where males have hair. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with me; order required tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal

Follow-up: Does taking Rogaine and Androfol M for a prolonged period cause impotence? 7 hours later
Thank you for the reply. It addressed my query concisely. I would also like to inform you that I have been taking finax 1mg for the last 2 years. Is it best on your option to continue the drug or discontinue it ?? Thanks and Regards

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Long-term use of FINAX causes impotence. Detailed Answer: Well! Firstly, presenting your entire problems to me will enable me to identify the root cause. Have you been taking these THREE medications on your own or, under medical supervision? As you must aware, self medication can be very XXXXXXX Lastly, Finax is the drug which causes impotence, enlargement of breasts, decreased libido, impotence, reduction in the volume of ejaculate and, testicular pain if used for prolonged period. So, STOP FINAX forthwith. Take care, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal

Follow-up: Does taking Rogaine and Androfol M for a prolonged period cause impotence? 38 hours later
Thank you.. I had a word about this to my doctor. He too suggested the same. He told that I'm exp male pattern baldness and he has suggested to contiune Androfol M. Kindly let me know the actual function of Androfol M and is there any other medication for hair growth. Thanks in advance..

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Androfil helps in male pattern baldness Detailed Answer: Androfil is a derivative of a male hormone, which promotes hair growth, including cure of male pattern baldness. The main drawback of Androfil, as pointed out by me, is that it promotes growth of hair all over the body too. There is no other proven medicine for hair growth. Take care