Does taking Plavix daily exasperate acid reflux?

Nephrologist
Question
Recently I have been taking -75 mg of Plavix daily. Could this exasperate my acid reflux?
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Thanks for the reply Plavix is clopidogrel, it does not cause increase in acid reflux. However if you are also taking aspirin along with it then it could worsen the acid reflux I hope I was of help Regards

Follow-up: Does taking Plavix daily exasperate acid reflux? 4 minutes later
I am not taking aspirin. What other prescription drugs can contribute to the acid reflux?

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 18 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query I am sorry for the delay in my reply, I was on call at the hospital The other commonly used drugs which cause acid reflux are 1. Pain killers like aspirin, aceclofenac, diclofenac 2. Antibiotics 3. Calcium tablets 4. Iron supplements 5. Vit supplements I hope I was of help, if you have further queries please get back to me Regards