Does taking Navidoxine cause a sore throat? Pregnant

Hi i wanted to know does navidoxine cause sore throat? I am 8weeks pregnant right now, and i have been taking navidoxine for the past 2 days only, then my theoat started to ache! Are they related by any means? Thank you very much.
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

Navidoxine (Meclizine) can cause decreased secretions from the salivary glands and make the throat mucosa prone for infections.Yes, it can cause sore throat but for that you may have to be on medication of long.

A 2 day dosage cannot produce such a side effect.Only some preservatives coated around the medications which could cause irritation and sore throat.This may not last longer and disappears within a day or two.

Do gargle with antispetic solution like CHLORHEXIDINE this will reduce or prevent the infection in the throat and provide you considerable relief.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.