Does taking AKT-2 and AKT-4 have any impact on unplanned pregnancy ?

Hi Iam using akt-4 since one and half month and currently continuing akt-2 from 11 days and today i was confirmed with pregnancy 4 weeks.please suggest whether i should carryon with pregnancy or terminate the same.As my doctor told me not to plan for pregnance while using the akt -2 and akt-2 course but it was an unexpected pregancy so what would be the side effects of akt-4 and akt-2 on my foetus,
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

Ideally speaking the treatment of tuberculosis is not an indication to recommend for termination of pregnancy. There are studies available that state that a normal baby can be born in a mother getting treatment for tuberculosis.

You can ask your physician to put you on drugs other than pyrazinamide and streptomycin as these two drugs might cause neural tube defects and hearing loss in the new born.

AKT-2 does not contain either of the two and you are taking it for last 11 days so your baby has not been exposed to these medicines for long. You can consider about continuing your pregnancy with regular monitoring of your liver enzymes. With good and regular Antenatal check ups and regular tests such as ultrasound scan, one can ensure a safe pregnancy.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.