Does stopping medicine for glaucoma cause side effects?

does stopping med for glaucoma cause side effects? I am on vacation and forgot my meds at home. I am on Timolol twie a day and Latanoprost at night.
Posted Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer... Detailed Answer: Hi, It is good to have your glaucoma medications regularly as prescribed by your doctor. This is because the damage to the optic nerve can get worst. If your vacation will end within a couple of days, then, it can be accepted such missing dose. However, if you staying will take longer, I'd suggest to take other eye drops you are taking at the place where you are having your vacation. Hope it answered to your inquiry! If you have more questions, feel free to ask again! I'd be happy to assist you further! Dr.Sejdini
Follow-up: Does stopping medicine for glaucoma cause side effects? 1 hour later
Can I take over the counter eye drops, such as Refresh?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can use Refresh... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for writing back. Yes, you can use over the counter eye drops such as Refresh to treat dryness of the eyes for a couple of days. However, I strongly suggest to re-start taking your prescription medicine as soon as possible. Wish you health and happy vacations! Dr.Sejdini