Does stopping estrace cause bleeding or spotting? Is it due HSG x-ray procedure?

Mar 2016

Had no period 6 years, early menopAuse. Trying to get prego, seeing reproductive dr. Was trying a mock cycle of estrace to build my uterus lining .. I was taking 2ng of estrace 3x a day. On my third week had sonogram was told to stop estrace (fluid in uterus need to evaluate. ) was told to have to a HSG xray with XXXXXXX into fallopian tube to check it on friday ..All was nornmal , left with a pad on because of possible spotty from procedure . I had very little spotting that night . Saturday nothing and today sunday at 3 pm i went to bathroom and found bright red blood in toliet and when i wiped the area. Not alot spotting . What is this from ? Can stoppping estrace cause a period or spotting or is it from procedure ? I am nervous . Iplease help asap
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 8 days later
Brief Answer: MOSTLY WITHDRAWAL BLEEDING. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments: 1) Bright red bleeding is mostly due to withdrawal effect of ESTRACE. It is quite common and normal thing. 2) In this context, possibility of bleeding from medical procedure is quite low as it occurs at the time of local tissue injury and not after 1 to 2 days. Kindly, consult with your gynecologist regarding this and proceed one pelvic examination to rule out underlying cause (if any). Hope, it helps for you. Let me know, if you need any clarification. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW