Does stopping Utovlan intake stop bleeding?

Mar 2013
I stopped taking utovlan on monday after i had my implant removed. I then started taking the combined pill the next day. I havent had a bleed in 3 days and was wondering whether the pill stopped the bleed i was supposed to have due to the utovlan?
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Can you tell me why you were taking Utovlan and why you stopped ? Generally when Utovlan is stopped abruptly, withdrawal bleeding will result. However, if you immediately took the pill the next day ( without waiting for the withdrawal bleed ) then yes that has prevented the withdrawal bleed ( because there was no withdrawal effect of hormones , the hormones were in continuous supply due to the combined pill ). So now most probably you would bleed once you stop the combined pill ( active pills ). All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: Does stopping Utovlan intake stop bleeding? 3 minutes later
i was taking utovlan due to irregular bleeding caused by my implant! I stopped because I was going on the pill the next day and didn't know whether utovlan would interfere with it or not!
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: AS BELOW Detailed Answer: Okay, even the pill would help to regulate irregular bleeding. Continue taking the pill pack, and you would bleed regularly on the pill.