Does stomach acid reflux cause boils on face,gums and groin area?

I am a 48yo female and since last January I have seen every Dr possible thinking I had vertigo. They ruled that out. I also have tremors that make writing &holding things impossible at times. They thought TIA due to stoke like signs. Other health issues chronic bladder infection & kidney stones. Hyena hernia which recently been causing vomit for the last 2 wks..I recently broke out w an acne looking rash on my face never had acne) an abcess along my gum line I touched and the infection went everywhere. I actually swallow it. And a boil on my outside of my vagina close to my leg. Fatigue, headaches dehydrated etc Could the acid in my stomach cause this rash..boil etc.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Prasad 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Acid doesn't cause acne rash and boils... Detailed Answer: Hi, Acid reflux from the stomach present with symptoms restricted to digestive tract. In a few set of people it has caused throat irritation, cough and ear inflammation. Very rarely, it is responsible for dental and gum problems. But I don't think acid reflux alone would be the reason for gum line abscess and acne like skin rashes. Further acid reflux does not cause tremors, vertigo, TIA, bladder infection, kidney stones and genital boils. I bet that all your symptoms are independent of each other and you will need a multidisciplinary approach to understand and treat each conditions. 1. Dizziness and tremor may be secondary to your drugs (topiramate, venlafaxine, synthroid), anxiety, essential tremor, electrolyte changes secondary to vomiting or age related concerns. 2. As you are approaching menopause, hormonal changes does produce new symptoms. 3. Acne like skin rashes may be the effects or hormones 4. Boils on the genitalia may be secondary to infection besides hormone changes. I am glad your doctors have reviewed some symptoms and ruled out conditions such as TIA. However I see plenty of other work up pending. I would order your drug levels, electrolyte and metabolic markers and refer you to a dermatologist / gynecologist and your treating doctor for further treatment. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards