Does squamous carcinoma cause itching, soreness and will it penetrate into my body?

Dec 2013

Was wondering if squamous carcinoma was itchy and sore and does it travel deep into body. I have one on my chest and cannot get removed for some weeks!
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kindly elaborate the conditions as below Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome and thanks for posting your query to healthcare magic. I can understand the concern for squamous cell carcinoma. The history provided is too brief to reach to any conclusive point. I request you to please kindly elaborate your query in detail so that I can help you best regarding the health issues. Kindly elaborate the problem in terms of - - Since how long you have squamous cell carcinoma. - Is there any itching and rash any where on body. - How is your appetite. - Do you feel any pain abdomen or headaches - Any kind of eruptions or any bumps you felt any time after the appearance of squamous cell carcinoma Hope to hear soon from your side to help and guide you best . With good health wishes, Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD- Dermatology
Follow-up: Does squamous carcinoma cause itching, soreness and will it penetrate into my body? 4 minutes later
I have had the carcinoma for at least 4 weeks. It is quite sore and gets itchy. My appetite is good and don't have any other pain in my body, I do not have any other lumps or bumps or rashes.
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Kindly see the details below Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome again to the forum and thanks for your follow up with important information. Now after getting complete information, let me reassure you that your problem of squamous cell carcinoma has not travelled and also will not be causing any problem in next few weeks of the period also. TO explain you medically- squamous cell carcinoma are one of the common type of carcinoma seen in general practice. We quite often see such kind of cases and it takes multiple of years for the squamous cell carcinoma to travel to other sites of the body which we call as “metastasis”. In many of the cases, these patients present with multiple of internal problems of either swelling or loss of appetite or any generalized problem after which they get to know about squamous cell carcinoma as the main cause. In yourself there has not been any problem and you felt quite healthy with good appetite, no lumps, no body pains or any symptoms- shows a very good prognosis of the problem. Also your surgery is just few weeks away so it would not be making any difference in the better prognosis. So relieve all your tensions regarding the carcinoma, eat the best diet so that there can be fast recovery after its removal. With good health wishes, Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD- Dermatology