Does spotting indicate pregnancy ?

Im 3 weeks late, but i get negative pregnancy tests (like 8 haha) i pee a lot. Ive bee stressing a lot for the same reason Am i pregnant or it could be something else? I just dont want to stress anymore
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Hi there,

If you have 8 negative pregnancy tests then you are most likely not pregnant.
Irregular periods could occur due to hormonal imbalance and stress,anxiety etc.
If you miss your next period,you should repeat another pregnancy test .If thats negative then you need to get an ultrasound and some blood tests.

PCOS,ovarian cyst,high prolactin,thyroid imbalance etc are some of the causes of irregular periods.
You should get tested if you don't get your period next month.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Follow-up: Does spotting indicate pregnancy ? 5 hours later
I also had some very light spotting today....
I have an appointment with my Dr. next week, i guess ill have to be patient
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 9 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

The spotting could be your delayed period also. Its probably light due to the hormonal factors.
Some tests which would be advised by your doctor on visit will help us to come to a conclusion.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you a good health.

Follow-up: Does spotting indicate pregnancy ? 11 hours later
One more thing.....clear liquid from nipple...? Its very little and only one side
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 20 minutes later
This is called galactorrhea.It happens in high prolactin levels amongst other local causes.You should get tested for hormonal imbalance.Its easily treatable.