Does sneezing cause atrial fibrillation?

does sneezing cause afib?

I sneezed pretty hard and found myself in afib a little while ago, does that happen sometmes?

I also have high blood pressure and intermittent afib every 6-4 weeks.

I take 2-MULTAQS twice a day, 2-400 MG-OX twice a day, 5mg of ALTACE once a day and25 mg of ATENOL once a day.

Posted Tue, 16 Oct 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later

Sneezing do not cause atrial fibrillation. There are other certain conditions which cause afib like valvular heart disease, excessive Alcohal consumption, hyperthyroidism, etc. In your case the reason for atrial fibrillation seems to be the hypertension. It is recommended to have an appointment with the cardiologist to conduct an ECHO to rule out valvular disease and diagnose the problem for further proper management

If you still have some queries, feel free to ask