Does smoking marijuana cause discolorations and dark circles on face?

Hello, I smoke marijuana everyday and recently I noticed some discolorations on my face, looks like an eczema, and also some dark circle patches round my face. its quite ugly and I have to apply make-up when ever I step out because its so visible. Please what is the cause of that ? I have a feeling it could be the marijuana causing all that. Please let me know. Thanks
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Likely to be melasma. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The discoloration that you have detected on your face is more likely to be due to melasma. This is an area of abnormal pigmentation and may be associated with sun exposure, hormonal changes like taking birth control pills, thyroid disorders, use of scented toiletries, etc. It can be aggravated by the use of marijuana daily. For the lightening of these marks- 1. Apply sunscreen lotion regularly. 2.Raw potato juice, mashed avocado, cocoa butter, lime juice and honey can be applied daily to the area. 3.Take about 20 volume of hydrogen peroxide to which add about two tablespoonful of some milk powder and then mix it with a few drops of glycerine. Apply this mix on the pigmented areas and let it remain for 20 minutes. Then rinse the skin with water and subsequently apply moisturizer. 4. Take same amount of vinegar and use for cleansing the skin. Rinse the skin and let it dry naturally by air. The acetic acid in the vinegar will help in getting rid of the dark color and also allows the skin to remain radiant as well as smooth. XXXXXXX cider vinegar as well as natural vinegars are beneficial for treating this health condition. 5. Mix a Vitamin E capsule with some drops of castor oil and spread the content over the affected parts. 6.Onion juice is also very good. Mix equal amount of vinegar and apply the content on the affected area. All of these are natural remedies. These do not guarantee any help but are safe and effective upto some extent. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.