Does smoking cause metallic taste in mouth and burning sensation in arms and legs?

Question
Metallic taste in mouth I am a smoker, burning sensation in arms legs and back not to painful it comes and goes
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Assessment by ENT surgeon required Detailed Answer: Namasthe I would advise you absolute abstinence from smoking. Rinsing the mouth with saline water lukewarm with a clove added will help in relieving the taste. Burning sensation in back and arms is possibly due to muscle soreness because of nicotine. Consuming plenty of oral fluids, high fiber diet, nutritional supplements including calcium will help. Also massaging the area with coconut or olive oil will be beneficial. I hope it helped. In case you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care best regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD