Does slightly elevated ESR level indicative for muscle aches in neck and shoulders?

I am an RN and my friend, a male, has constant muscle aches in the neck and shoulders, sometimes his hips too. today, his ESR level 1st hour 13 2nd 29. He is 43. I know this is just slightly elevated. CRP is <0.05 Is his ESR level indicative of his muscle aches
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi, His ESR level is slightly elevated (referring to the 2d hour). ESR shows the level of inflammation in the body. So, his ESR level is not indicative for his muscle pain. For such cases, I prescribe injections of pain-killers, neurotropic and myorelaxants. for 5 days, and continuously for 1week once 2 days. If the pain does not stop or is alleviated, I usually, prescribe steroids shots for the first few days, then, shifting to oral by regulating the dose. However, I strongly recommend to be in close contact with a psychiatrist. Hope it answered to your inquiry! If you have other questions, do not hesitate to contact me again! Dr.Sejdini