Does shouting loudly affect my baby?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
This question is from my friends behalf her few weeks baby was in my arms and i was shouting very loudly then i realised she was in my arms so i stopped at her time of discharge all reports were normal i wont do this again just worried please help i am sure everything i ok just needed your assurance please note there was no music only my loud shouting she was close in my mouth
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: nothing to worry Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to health care magic. Ears have protective response to loud sound. Your shouting shouldn't be a concern. It should be within tolerable range. Wishing your kid good health. Regards Dr Arun
Follow-up: Does shouting loudly affect my baby? 46 minutes later
Thank you so much wanted to ask we she was very very close and i was shouting to the core she was very close to my Ear i was talking for good 10 min like when u should and fight please dont mind just tense ;
Answered by Dr. Arun 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Relax Detailed Answer: Donot worry. Human shouting usually does not affect hearing unless exposed for prolonged period. If you still have doubts, the only way to clear is by getting audiometry or bera done in lab
Follow-up: Does shouting loudly affect my baby? 24 hours later
Thanks wa just worried this test was done before discharge the results are ok what do u suggest should i ignore and move on and if i get these tests again is it safe please guide and thanksagain for ya prompt answer
Answered by Dr. Arun 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: No need to repeat Detailed Answer: Hi If already tests have been done and reported normal, don't bother. No need to repeat again. Even if repeated it's safe no side effects for tests. Relax. She will be fine without repeating Regards