Does regular exercise shorten or prolong QRS duration?

Do studies show that regular exercise shorten or prolong qrs duration in healthy asymptomatic young men with isolated RBBB ? Does regular exercise make the duration wider or shorter?
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 3 hours later
Brief Answer: QRS complex shortened during normal exercise. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your EKG and noticed incomplete block of right bundle. QRS complex shortened during physical activity. Regular exercise does shorten QRS duration. Dr.Benard
Follow-up: Does regular exercise shorten or prolong QRS duration? 7 minutes later
You are the only doctor who keeps telling me this is incomplete. I can see 3 complete squares with the QRS in most of the leads. Are you 100 percent sure without any doubt that this is incomplete and why ? I am having this confusion that most doctors say that it is complete without any doubt . Please advise the interpretation you have given me since it shows that the qrs is more than 120 ms ! Thank you for your patience and i would appreciate your feedback .
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Following answers to your queries... Detailed Answer: Hi back, Thank you for following up. Please bare in mind that the incomplete blockage of right bundle is when QRS is between 100 and 120 ms; while the complete blockage is when QRS is higher than 120 ms. I have measured the QRS "online" and it was 120 ms (within the limitations of online measurement). So, according to the definition, it results an incomplete blockage. As you are saying yourself there are seen 3 complete squares (1 square = 40 ms), which to my calculations the result will be 120 ms. Hope it answered to your queries! Dr.Benard