Does regualr mastrubation lower sperm count?

Jan 2014

Dear Doctor, I am 28 years old, I am going to get marry 01/06/2013 past 6 years I am doing to Masturbation (ejaculation after stimulating penis), (Weekly 4 to 5 times) Marriage planned suddenly so, I just Stopped from 12/01/2013 onwards, Now I am very much afraid whether I can able to satisfy the girl?????? I afraid my sperm count & quality is very poor because of Masturbation. What are all the foods available to increase the sperm count & healthy Serum Testosterone????????????????? Also Whether I can able to make her pregnant? I am really scared due to masturbation????? Also please advise me how to be good (to satisfy myself & my partner) in sex??? any foods or any methods????? Also I am FAT in 99Kilo Grams Weight & 182cm Weight is it OK for sex?????
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Nothing to worry about Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for posting your concern at XXXXXXX I can understand your concern but i must tell you that masturbation has no effect at all on semen quality (Semen quality is a measure of the ability of semen to accomplish fertilization). So your previous activities would have no bearing on your current situation. However, regular masturbation does lower sperm count because the entire process of spermatogenesis takes 74 days, therefore with regular masturbation you will be releasing sperms regularly in the ejaculate and because of this sperm count can decrease but this is reversible and once you stop masturbating your sperm count will recover. Semen can change in consistency, volume and color on a day to day basis and in no way indicates what your sperm count is, or how fertile you are. If you are dehydrated, the reduced water content of your semen can also make it more jelly-like in texture. The consistency is down to two enzymes. The first, produced in the seminal vesicles, decides how thick it will be. The second (PSA) comes from the prostate gland and is designed to turn the semen into a runny liquid a few minutes after ejaculation. Variations in the amounts of these two enzymes present in your semen will decide how runny it is. You have nothing to worry about. There is no need for any food or medicine to be good in bed if you have no problem. Your weight is a bit on the higher side for your height but i think that it is not an issue in your sexual life. I would advice that you focus on your marriage preparations and believe in yourselves that you are fine. take care regards
Follow-up: Does regualr mastrubation lower sperm count? 27 hours later
Dear Sir, Thank you much for your valuable advice. I am so afraid because I do daily basis. Hope it is not any problem, Just today I stopped, Also my XXXXXXX is very small in size, in normal 4 CM & if mood comes it will be increasing another 2 or 3 cm, with this condition, can I make my satisfaction in sex???????? Also please suggest me how to prpeare sexual life after wedding??? any tips????? I am also want to educate myself how to start with good sexual life with partner???????
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Happy Married Life Detailed Answer: Hi. First of all, i want to congratulate for your upcoming marriage. Your penis size is absolutely normal to lead a good sexual life. A pleasurable sexual life is very essential for both the partners. I would say that sex is not just about intercourse between the two individuals but a lot more like caressing, cuddling, admiring each other etc before finally culminating into intercourse. This will also help you both understand each others bodies better. It should not be just a selfish act of ejaculating by a male where you are just concerned about your own pleasure, but instead an enjoyable act for both of you. In short, it should be preceded by a good foreplay. All the best for you married life. Wish you a very happy married life!! take care regards
Follow-up: Does regualr mastrubation lower sperm count? 17 hours later
Dear Doctor, Thanks for your reply, I did daily Masturbation for past few years in past 2 years, before that fro 3 years I used to do 5 times in week, Still I am afraid, sorry to ask you again please conform it was not created any problem????????? Or I need to do any thing before my wedding??????? Please help me !!!!
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Don't worry Detailed Answer: Hi. Masturbation is normal in both males and females. You have nothing to worry about. So, your previous activities would have no bearing on your future. Nothing needs to be done about it. Focus on your future take care regards