Does rashes on body indicate first stage of HIV infection?

Hi doctor, I had protected sex with a prostitute three months ago. I am so worry because today I realized a rash on my leg. I squeezed it and puss came out. my question is this rash didn't itch but this show up with no other symptoms. Sometimes when I get anxious so freaking out I go to the bathroom but when I am not thinking about it I have normal IBS. Could this be the first stage of HIV and Could a HIV rash shows up 3 months later especially with no fever? I thought when you have a virus you are supposed to have fever as one of the symptoms.
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: your symptoms are non-specific Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I have read your query with diligence. We cannot say for sure that this could be the first stage of HIV. In fact, no doctor can say that. The initial symptoms of HIV are non-specific and present like any other usual viral fevers. Hence, this could be or not be the first stage of HIV in you. It is possible for HIV rash to show up after 3 months without fever. Fever is a non-specific symptom again. It can present in many illnesses including HIV. It not not present too. By the word 'non-specific', I mean it does not imply or signify HIV as such. You seem to have had protected sexual intercourse. In such a case, there is no need to worry about HIV. Just make sure that the entire act was protected, and that you wore the condom at all times. In such a case, you need worry about HIV as a possibility. By all means, to allay your worries, you can always go for a HIV ELISA testing after 90 days. Let me know if you have more queries. Regards,