Does prolonged intake of Omeprazole cause permanent erectile dysfunction?

is erectile dysfunction from prolonged taking of omeprazole permanent? Ive read that aloe vera can be helpful for acid reflux. true? I have had some recent stressors, 2 friends died, work stress, etc. Or is it that I'm at THAT age? Ive definitely heard of Viagra. Don't want my sex life to be finished!!
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Not permanent,Aloe vera> reduce pain.Life style ch Detailed Answer: Hi thanks for using XXXXXXX I went through the query and understood your concern. Omeprazole on taking for longer time can cause impotence, but this is not permanent.So you need to stop the drug and wait for the omeprazole effect to completely clear off. Avoid food items like alcohol, smoking, caffeine, citrus fruits, tomatoes, fatty or fried foods, carbonated beverages, spicy foods or fatty dairy products. These foods can exacerbate the acid reflux and if you are heavy weight you should reduce your weight by daily exercise activities. Aloe vera can help to treat acid reflux pain but not the cause for it. If severe pain you can try this with your doctor's guidance. Even stressors/stress can affect your health. Weight reduction if obese or heavy weight, every day outdoor exercise with nutritious diet help in preventing erectile dysfunction. You should be relaxed. Practice yoga or any tension relieving exercises. Even Viagra will help but you can try this only when all the above measures fail to help you. Hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask if any further queries and I will be glad to answer your queries. Wish you good health and faster recovery. Regards
Follow-up: Does prolonged intake of Omeprazole cause permanent erectile dysfunction? 15 hours later
How long before omeprazole is out of system?
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 20 hours later
Brief Answer: XXXXXXX 12 hours. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for writing back. Omeprazole has T1/2 of 1.2 hour and hence it will take 6 to XXXXXXX 12 hours for elemination. So our body will clear this drug in half a day if all the enzymes are working normal. hope this helps you. Regards
Follow-up: Does prolonged intake of Omeprazole cause permanent erectile dysfunction? 12 minutes later
I've read that erectile dysfunction can be self tested whether its psychological or physical? Any insight?
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 15 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes. Early morning erection. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. Yes you can test that. If only psychological, erection will be present in early morning hours due to increase in testosterone levels. You can ask your wife to test that. If physical this will be absent and also there won't be erection even with more sexual stimulus. Hope this helps you. Regards