Does pinkish brown vaginal discharge indicate pregnancy ?

I had a period beginning the 4th of August until the 10th of august, I had unprotected sex on the 13th and the 14th of August, I started spotting pinkish red on the 26th and now just pinkish brown in a stretchy discharge. I am very regular with my period and have been for a while. I just had my hormone levels tested last month and my physician said everything looked great. Could I be pregnant? I haven't been trying and now just a little worried because of my age, I am 46 years old... My period is not due until the 1st of September...
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The mild brownish spotting that you are having is less likely to be due to pregnancy and more likely to be due to a uterine or cervical cause like uterine polyp, cervical dysplasia, chronic cervicitis, cervical polyp, vaginal bacterial infection, dysfunctional uterine bleeding. etc.
To find out the cause, you need to do a urine for pregnancy test after 5th september if you do not get your regular periods till then with an early morning sample of urine.
Rest of the causes can be ruled out by your gynaecologist by doing a PAP smear and a lower abdomen ultrasound scan.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.