Does pelvic ectopic kidney prevent a vaginal delivery and increase the risk involved ?

I have Klippel Feil Syndrome with Sprengles Shoulder Deformity diagnosed at birth. I have other associated medical problems seen commonly with KFS such as spinal fusion, mild scoliosis, limited head, neck & left arm mobility. At birth I had spina bifida occulta which was mild & did not require treatment. I am now pregnant at 20yrs of age. My main concerns while pregnant are a small VSD & a left pelvic ectopic kidney. In particular is the pelvic ectopic kidney likely to prevent a vaginal delivery and put me in a high risk pregnancy category? Should I be seeing an Obstetrician or a Perinatologist? Thank you for any advice given.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Child Birth
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
A small VSD if not associated with a compromised cardiac function is not a problem. It is not something that can prevent you from having a normal delivery.
A pelvic kidney again is not going to hinder the progress of baby or its descent in any way.
So, you need not worry regarding this. During the delivery as the stress on heart is more, due to VSD, you will need an extra monitoring and maternal effort in pushing the baby down is sometimes not so good and in many cases instrumental delivery is needed like ventouse delivery.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.