Does painful tiny red dots on penis head indicate any sexual transmitted disease?

Question
Hi Doc, I have a tiny red dots on my penis head and its kind of irritating and kind of painful. I have seen more 3 days back but slowly it seems reducing. please let me know if I have any sexual transmitted diseases to diagnose. Thanks,
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There is a possibility sir, but not completely Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Red spots on the penis are usually seen due to various causes sir, let me first list these causes out for your sir, they are: -Excessive friction: Which can be caused by friction caused from clothing, masturbation, pressure due to tight clothing, etc. -Systemic or circulatory conditions: Eg- Liver conditions -Skin conditions: Eg. Psoriasis -Sexually transmitted infections/diseases: Usually these infections present with other symptoms like a penile discharge, pain in the region of the penis or testes, etc. Patients usually provide a history of unprotected sexual contact (Eg. Syphilis) -Direct or indirect trauma or injury to the region As you see sir, there are various causes for the appearance of red spots on the penis. I feel it would be best to visit a doctor and get both physically examined and conduct blood and/or urine investigations to diagnose the cause. You need not worry at all sir, as sexually transmitted infections that cause such a presentation are always simple and can easily be treated if diagnosed early and treated accurately with the right medication. For this reason I would advise you not to feel shy or nervous, and visit a doctor you trust to help diagnose and treat you accordingly sir. You need not live in fear. I hope you find my response helpful sir. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes sir.

Follow-up: Does painful tiny red dots on penis head indicate any sexual transmitted disease? 11 minutes later
Hello Doc, Thank you so much for answering the above query. Just to add a little bit on the above, I had a kind of 2 small pimples on the lower of my penis for almost 2 months and which got burst 3 days back by its own and the above mentioned problem (Red dots and irritating) got started. I feel irritation on the upper part of the penis / above the pimple burst area. please let me know if this is a STD problem or related to these infectious diseases, I am bit worried and would like to get a good solution before I meet the doctor in person. So kindly suggest me whom to see for these kind of issues. I usually have protected intercourse every time. Thank you again.

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sounds like a simple hair follicle infection sir Detailed Answer: Hello once again sir. Based on the recently provided information, I have begun to think that your presentation is simply related to an infection or inflammation of the hair follicle near the base of the penis, which when burst has caused irritation the the region around it. A pimple-like structure around the base of the penis is most often due to infection or inflammation of the hair follicles caused by increased moisture in the region, sweating, friction from clothes or even sexual intercourse. This is completely unrelated to sexually transmitted infections and usually just requires simple antibiotics, warm bathes and warm compresses applied to the region several times a day. In my opinion, the current description along with the fact that you always practice safe and protected intercourse rules out any/all sexually transmitted infections, but it would still be best to go ahead with a physical examination. You can meet a physician who can most certainly help you with the simple condition that you have sir. In the meantime you may have to abstain from sexual intercourse till your treatment finishes, keep the region dry and clean at all times, and wear loose comfortable undergarments. I hope you find my response helpful sir. Please write back to me anytime, I am always available to help. God bless.

Thank you so much again Doctor, I just one more question, I don't know how to put this question across but here it is... The pimple was under the head of penis and under the skin which usually which covers the upper part (the connector) and I don't see any hair interacting between these until the upper layer of the skin is opened / exposed. More over please let me know if I need to visit Dermatologist / Urologist / any concerned department. I stay in Bangalore and your help will be highly appreciated. Looking for some doctor with decent fees. Thank you,

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 10 hours later
Brief Answer: As you are in Bangalore can help you Detailed Answer: Hello once again sir. Sure sir. I thought that the pimple had appeared around the base of the penis, which is the part where the pubic hair grows. But, you corrected the same in your last response. but this is still nothing to worry about, and could still be related to hair follicles. As I had advised earlier sir, the best option would be to get it physically examined, as the doctor examining would be able to analyze the same accurately. I am not sure which part of Bangalore you are put up in, but I shall recommend two hospitals in which I was earlier practicing. One being Columbia Asia hospital near the Hebbal flyover, ask for any dermatologist or urologist there, and they should be able to help you at a decent consultation fee. In the other side of Bangalore I would recommend Dr. A.R. Jayadev who is a urologist at XXXXXXX Group of Hospitals, Jayanagar; or Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX also at XXXXXXX Group of Hospitals,. Jayanagar. I hope this information helps you sir. My best wishes to you.