Does pain in left side while lying down indicate problem in kidney?

yes my left side hurts when I lay down in bed and I have hard time getting out of bed i think its my kidneys YYYY@YYYY
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get an ultrasound scan of the abdomen done Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Yes, it can be pain from the kidneys. It is ideal to get an ultrasound scan of the whole abdomen to look for underlying causes including a problem with the kidneys. You could take a tablet of Panadol or Motrin for the pain to subside now. When you feel better in a few hours, you could go to the hospital and get the ultrasound scan done. Treatment would depend on the underlying cause. Hope this helps you. Get well soon. Regards,