Does oxyelite pro product have any side effects ?

I am presently taking (and have been for approx 10 years) oroxine for underactive thyroid. I have terrible trouble losing weight - which I realise is normal for a person with underactive thyroid - but I run everyday and eat very healthy - i rarely drink, and I am at the moment training for a half marathon again this year... I want to lose another 6-7kg (I will still be well within my healthy weight range) so I can run faster and more efficiently... I want to beat my PB.. Can I use the oxyelite pro product?? I was thinking that I could reduce my oroxine intake? and try this product for a short time? Please help - I am frustrated - I have this product here on the desk - and I am ready to take the first dose! Please advise what side effects could occur if I decide to take this product.. thanks :-)
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later

Oxyelite pro is a recent brand of dietary supplements containing many herbal ingredients along with dimethylamylamine and caffeine. These products act by interfering with thyroid functions (producing thyroxine) as well as sympathomimetic action.

Though no clear information is available about this product, I shall help you with your query by analysing its ingredients and describing their known side effects.

The various herbal products in them are known release thyroxine, the thyroid hormone. This in a way can be helpful to you in view of underactive thyroid.

Caffeine and dimethylamylamine act by stimulating central nervous system, heart and peripheral blood vessels. It can produce side effects such as headache, nausea, tremors, nervousness, palpitations, increased in blood pressure and so on.A few of such less serious side effects have been reported by few users.

More serious side effects such as stroke, tolerance, addiction as well as withdrawal can potentially occur with caffeine. Such serious effects are either not known to occur with the product or not yet disclosed.

Since no clear data is available; if you decide to use this product, pulse, blood pressure and thyroid functions needs to be regularly monitored while on it. Or better avoid use of oxyelite pro untill the details are clear about it.

A little more time on weight reducing exercises, a better diet plan as well as regular oroxine use could be a much better method towards physical fitness.

Hope I have answered your query.

If you have any more queries, I will be available to answer them as well.

Wish you good luck.