Does oxy elite diet powder have any interference with contraceptive pill? Chances of pregnancy more?

does oxy elite diet powder have any interference with the contraceptive pill? will oxy elite cancel out the pill altogether? I am currently taking the Yaz pill and was using the Yazminelle pill previous until a week ago. A Doctor prescribed me to yaz as its the same as yasminelle due to not supplying yasminelle in this country. I am just worried if i dont use a barrier method i could become pregnant while using oxy elite.
Posted Thu, 31 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

I am sorry but there is no concrete answer to your question, because there is no scientific evidence for this.

Normally it is claimed that oxy lite is an herbal product, still effects and side effects and drug interaction are not extensively studied.

Ideally and logically thinking there should not be any interaction. Still I or no doctor will be able to give you concrete reply to this.

Apart from this, these kinds of weight loss formulas are always controversial so please think twice before using them.There could be other side effects of them also. There are no miracle formulas available any where in world which can reduce weight.

You should discuss this with your physician regarding whether you should be using this kind of so called weight loss products in routine.

In mean time do not stop the contraceptive pills.When taken regular there are very effective mode of contraception.

I hope this helps

Do write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.