Does oral sex without ejaculation cause risks of HIV ?

Question
Last night admittedly I had a bit too much to drink. I am on business in a foreign county alone and was lonely, I ended up having a one night stand. I know how stupid it was. I am very worried about the risks. I performed oral sex without a condom, but very briefly, and there was no ejaculation. We then had protected sex. What are my risks? Does oral sex without ejaculation put me at risk for anything? I am most worried about HIV, what is the risk?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later

Doing an oral sex without ejaculation can transmit STDs like herpes. There might have been some precum on the penis which can be responsible for transmission of HIV also though the chances are low.
You can do the screening tests for STDs for early diagnosis.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Does oral sex without ejaculation cause risks of HIV ? 1 hour later
Do you think screening for HIV is necessary? He seemed like an honest nice guy, but who knows.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 minutes later
Hello again,

It is a good thing to get screened for HIV as it will alleviate your worry and it is always advisable.

It is always advised to consider every other person as HIV positive and take the necessary precautions as some people may not be willing to reveal their HIV status.

There is no harm in getting tested anyways. I suggest you to undergo the screening.

Early diagnosis helps in better treatment.

Hope I have answered your query.