Does obesity cause breathing touble?

Is it true that being over weight that the weight rests on the lungs and that's what is causing me difficulty to breathe?
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on HCM. Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that it is in the case when there is morbid obesity . Since I see in your history that you suffer from Hypoventilation syndrome that means your main culprit is obesity only . In your case yes it is possibility . Your treating doctor has rightly explained you this that you need to reduce your weight and it going to relieve lot of you symptoms if you do so. Take care. Dr. Shruti