Does normal WBC count rule out possibility of STD?

I had a couple test ran for abdominal pain. when they drew the blood they came back and said my white blood count is excellent. does that mean some stds are knocked out of an equation?
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Prasad 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Probably yes... Need more clarification... Detailed Answer: Hi, Most sexually transmitted disease present with skin symptoms. Abdominal pain has other common reasons. A normal WBC count indicates there is no active infection. However I would like to know why are you concerned about STD's in the first place and how did this abdominal pain develop. I would also like you to explain to me which part of the abdomen ache. You can classify abdomen into upper and lower abdomen (in reference to the belly button) and right side and left side (again in relation to the belly button). If you can also describe the pain as dull ache/gripping/burning or your own words, that will make me understand your problem better. Awaiting your reply... Regards PS: May I also know your age and gender (as the causes are age and gender dependent)
Follow-up: Does normal WBC count rule out possibility of STD? 8 hours later
my pain started in my left lower abdomen. its more of a dull pain but can be sharp at times and I felt some tenderness in my testicles but thay has subsided. I play football and I over stretch and landed on that left side with out bracing so they think muscular strain. the reason I am concerned wwith std is because I have had one new sexual partner as far as inter course and two other thay I have fooled around with the past time I did anything was about 4 weeks ago. also I have had some itching and a little burning and discomfort when mostly sitting and sometimes when actual pooping in my rectum and a little blood on my toliet paper i am a 21 M and straight no anal sex.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Urine test and ultrasound would help... Detailed Answer: Hi, Muscle strain is possible if the symptoms started after over stretching. You can try over the counters for couple of days to see if it resolves. That being said, genito-urinary inflammation secondary to infection and stones in the renal system are couple of possibilities that can mimic the same symptom. A normal WBC count rules out serious bacterial infection. Urine routine microscopy / culture and ultrasound abdomen tests will help us exclude the other 2 possibilities. I am not sure if you meant itching and burning is in the rectum. If it is rectum that is itching and burning, given that you have not had recipient anal sex, it is not from a sexually transmitted disease. If you are constipated, hard stools may be the cause. So do not be worried about STDs. I hope this answer assures you to visit a doctor and complete the necessary tests. Feel free to ask for clarifications before closing this discussion. Regards