Does noriday BCP give protection against pregnancy ?

Hi: I started taking Noriday 9 days ago. We waited for a week, before having sex, but I had an upset stomach today (after lunch - I take my tablet at 10 at night). I appreciate that we now need to use a condom for 7 days: my question is do I have enough protection built up (if you like) from the tablets that I have already taken, considering I had sex yesterday (before my last pill)? I hope this makes sense: it probably seems a bit panicky (considering my age - 43 - but I haven't been on a pill for a long time). My weight is 72kg: medical history - generally well although suffer with migraines. Thank you
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later

If you started using Noriday from day one of your cycle then you are protected.But if you vomitted within 4 hrs of taking the pill,then absorption can be affected.It would be advisable to take added protection for 2 days after you stop vomitting while continuing the pill.
I would suggest you take the added protection just in case,you vomit again.

Follow-up: Does noriday BCP give protection against pregnancy ? 2 hours later
Thank you for your answer. When you state 'take the added protection', do you mean use condoms or do you mean take some other type of contraception?

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 hours later
Thanks for the query,

I meant condoms.

As no hormonal method can be used along with that.

All the best.