Does "nontuberculous micobacteria and inhibition" cause infertility?

Hello, mycobacterium tuberculosis test result detected nontuberculous micobacteria and inhibition. Does it make my chances of pregnancy thin? Plz guide on course of treatment.
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: genital TB Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Mycobacterium infection of any kind can cause infertility.It can affects the uterus, tubes and ovary. You will definitely need anti tubercular treatment. Chances are pregnancy will be difficult. Non tubercular mycobacterium occurs due to environmental exposure. Since its less common , treatment may also be less effective. But you have to undergo anti-tubercular treatment for 6-9 months. Then you can try for pregnancy. But you also need more tests like an HSG to make sure there is no tubal blockage. If there is, then natural conception may not be possible.
Follow-up: Does "nontuberculous micobacteria and inhibition" cause infertility? 13 hours later
hello doc. I took HSG couple of months back n my tubes are open. My n my hubby s all other tests are normal. As i m already 33 yrs n yet to start family, i trbly want to conceive n quite disheartn with all these NTB stuff. My doc advisd AKT4 n nt try to conceiv fr another 3 months. The NTB was detected trm my menstrual blood sample which also contained sm water drops . Is thr ny other test to confirm the medication prescribed is ok. can u suggest any doc or clinic in guwahati or tezpur.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: correct treatment Detailed Answer: Your doctor has prescribed AKT4 which is correct . You need to complete a course of 6 months at least . Don't try to conceive during treatment . Only after you treatment is completed you should start trying again either. Keep taking frolic acid 5mg daily . If all your other tests are normal then you should be able to conceive . Pcr tests is quite accurate and you don't need to do anything else now . Do the treatment first .
Follow-up: Does "nontuberculous micobacteria and inhibition" cause infertility? 2 days later
hi. i m on the prescribed medication. My doc said u will recover in 2 months. wht r the chances of getting pregnant aftrwards. Any other advicc?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Brief Answer: complete course Detailed Answer: Complete the akt course as advised. Start folic acid tablets after two mths. Since your hsg was normal, and if your cycles are also regular, there is no reason why you can't concieve. Try naturally for at least 3 months. Then if you dont concieve, further evaluation should be done.