Does negative CMIA results after 3.5months,6months and 9.5months confirm negative HIV?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Hellow doctor am neaded help am meaked cmia 4 generation after 3 .5 .6 months and all come back negativ and am meaked after 6 months icma and come back specify reactive to relative negative cutoff 1.00 1.00 non reactiv non reactiv and same icma am meaked after 9 months and 2 weeks and come back specify reactive to relative negative cutoff 1.00 1.00 non reactiv non reactiv after 9 months this resolts is normal please help mi.
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: CMIA test and confirmation by western blot Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to Health care magic. I have gone through your query and I understand that you have undergone HIV testing for antigens and antibodies by CMIA testing method. CMIA method is a screening method and has to be confirmed by western blot test. Your test results have come back negative at 3.5months, 6months, and 9.5months. If the test result is reactive to relative negative cut off, then it can be considered as negative result. But I suggest you get a western blot test done to confirm your negative HIV status. If western blot test is negative, you do not have to undergo any more testing for HIV. I hope I have cleared your doubts. Please get back if I can assist you further. Thanks.