Does my blood pressure indicate any abnormality?

Cardiologist
Question
I just donated blood..pulse 73, pressure 137/92..they say it is high ??
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Causes to bp reading of 137/92... Detailed Answer: Hi, First, let me congratulate for such a noble act of donating your blood. Let me thank you in the name of those who are looking for blood to keep alive! Your systolic blood pressure is within the normal range (less than 140); while diastolic blood pressure is high. However, this is a perfectly normal reaction of your heart to donating blood. I'd suggest to : - keep monitoring blood pressure - if it persists to be high, I'd suggest to do ECG, cardiac echo and holter monitoring to rule out heart problems. All the best! Dr.Benard