Does my SGOT, SGPT and CPK levels indicate any abnormality?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hi sir , My sgot ,sgpt and cpk values raised.i used to have rosevas tablet for reducing ldl for 4 months. my sgot 145 sgpt 138 cpk 7600 u/l. Doctor suggested that stop the medicine ,it will come down automatically.but i feal tense .please suggest
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Medications,plenty of water and rest needed Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for writing in. Lipid lowering agents are known to cause two deleterious effects 1. Alteration in liver function. 2. Muscle dysfunction or at times even myonecrosis. This is evidenced in your case by raised SGPT suggesting liver dysfunction and raised CPK suggestive of muscle dysfunction. I would suggest the following until both enzymes come to normal. 1. For Liver: a. Sorbitol+tricholine citrate (sorbiline) 2 tablespoons in aglass of warm water in the morning on empty stomachX 6 weeks. b. tab Hepa Merz 1-1-1 X 6 weeks (after meals) 2. For Muscle issues: a. avoid exercising b. plenty of water at least 2 liters per day. c. neurotropic vitamins (B1,B6,B12) 1-1-1 x 6 weeks (after meals) d. Vitamin E capsules 400mgms once a day after breakfast Repeat enzyme levels after 6 weeks. I hope this answers your query. regards