Does modus 10 have side effects?

Question
Does modus 10 have side effects, as I am feeling very upset
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Modus/hyperthyroidism can be the cause

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Modus is a progesterone analog that is a type of sex hormone.The features you are having may be related to hyperthyroidism- can lead to upset and excessive vaginal bleeding so you need to consult a local physician or an endocrinologist with fresh thyroid profile after reducing the thyroxine doses.
The upset of mood can also be an adverse effect of hormonal imbalance which is caused by Modus frequently.
You can get other bleeding control medicines from your gynecologist if the problem persists.
For your awareness I am enumerating some side effects of Modus-
Depression, fluid retention. Fatigue, insomnia, dizziness, headache, nausea; breast tenderness; wt gain/loss, anorexia; cholestatic jaundice.
Potentially Fatal: Thrombophlebitis and pulmonary embolism.
Please note that not all adverse effects happen in all.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!

Follow-up: Does modus 10 have side effects? 5 days later
Thanks, stopped taking modus, and am bleeding alot, gynec has asked me to take medicine to stop bleeding, i am 39years old and have never had sex as i am unmarried, what is your advise regarding a pap smear test, i am getting different opinions from different doctors, some say that i should get a pap done under sedation, while some say its not needed till i become sexually active, what is your advise

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pap smear is advisable

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX ...
Welcome back.
The bleeding has to be controlled and stopped if possible.
So your gynecologist has rightly prescribed the medicine to control bleeding.
Not having sexual intercourse is not a protection from malignancy.
It is also true that female having early age sexual activity and multiple partner have more chances of carcinoma.
The difference of more and less and not More and zero.
So it is highly advisable that you should undergo a Pap smear which is a small OPD procedure and can be done under light sedation if you are apprehensive.
I hope this answers your query.

Follow-up: Does modus 10 have side effects? 4 hours later
I have got an external pelvic sonography and the results are normal. Also will the pap test be painful ? Am extremely scared, pls advise, i really dont want my first sexual experience to be in this way. Pls advise

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 45 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pap smear is not painful and done under sedation

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
The ultrasound provides structural details while Pap smear provides further details of cellular level.
Both investigations have their own qualities.
Pap smear is a simple procedure and is frequently done to detect the nature of local problem.
It is not painful, and is done under sedation and does not resemble a sexual exposure but can lead to hymen rupture if intact and nonpliable.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.

Follow-up: Does modus 10 have side effects? 28 hours later
Thanks for your advise, can u recommend an online excellent doctor regarding psychological fears and inhibitions regarding sex ?? I can make online payments, my e mail id is YYYY@YYYY . I feel i need to address this issue, thanks once again, XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 43 hours later
Brief Answer:
gynecologist and psychiatrist referal advisable

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic.
Sexual fears are psychiatric problems and need gynecologist and psychiatric assessment both on person and preferably in that sequence.
So online consult is hardly advisable.
If you can visit in person then best option will be available near you.
If you want to try online personal consult then you can try a psychiatric doctor on this portal.

Follow-up: Does modus 10 have side effects? 19 days later
Just saw thanks

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take Care

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back.
Wish you a great health ahead.