Does mitral valve prolapse cause decrease in strength, pounding of heart and slight murmur ?

for years I have have had pounding flip flops, at night while lying in bed. would last for up to a minute. Recently I have had this every couple of nights and lasting up to 90 seconds. Also when sitting watching TV. Never during the day. I'm exhausted and have noticed over the months my strength has decreased. I exercise and do yoga, but the endurance is lower. some where I remember someone saying I had a slight murmur a long time ago. Could it be MVP? My age (OK) I'm 61.9, 5'4", 152lbs, tke thyroid med and low dose of antideprssant for anxiety. My last bp was 92/58. Usually in area of 102/60 or a little higher.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Valvular Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 2 hours later

A very short lived palpitation as yours are harmless. You should get evaluations if they are associated with other symptoms like Short of breath, chest pain, sweating, lightheaded and nausea.
It may be Echocardiography done by your Cardiologist. It is a non-invasive procedure similar to Ultrasonography where your cardiologist will check of there is any damage to your heart valves, their status, etc. That will dispel / confirm your doubts.
If fatigue / exhaustion is common problem, an Endocrinologist is a better person to rule out organic nature of the problem. If he says you are fine after proper work up, you need a counselling session by your Psychiatrist to rule out Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. You may consider getting Serum TSH, Serum B12 and Folate level done as their low levels are another cause of chronic exhaustion.

You are going in right direction. Consult your doctor get referred to Endocrinologist and Cardiologist as well.

Hope my perspective is accepted. I am available for follow up.