Does milk intake cause ear infection?

ENT Specialist
I awoke at 4am with a discharge coming from my left ear that is perforated. I have had the perforation since I was about 6 months old, I am now 69 yrs old. I had been drinking a regular pint of milk a day in recent weeks. Could that be the cause of the discharge?
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: No it is not likely to be due to milk! Detailed Answer: Hello Please dont worry as the discharge is not likely to be due to the milk!! It is likely that the ear has become infected and you may need some antibiotics for it. For the meantime, keep the ear dry and use ciprofloxacin ear drops, 2 drops four times a day to take care of the infection If you develop pain, ear block or the discharge increase, consult your ent doctor for further treatment. Thanks