Does mensovit plus avoid pregnancy 10 days after missing period?

Hi, is mensovit plus avoid pregnency if taken after 10 days of missing the periods?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 55 minutes later

Mensovit plus is only used to regularize the irregular periods. If your periods are 10 days overdue, it is better to get an evaluation done for pregnancy and get pregnancy ruled out. You could get home pregnancy test done which is simple and efficient in detecting pregnancy. The test is performed using pregnancy kits which are readily available in market using few drops of early morning urine. Alternately you can consult a gynecologist immediately who will do a serum beta HCG test and a pelvic ultrasound to confirm or rule out pregnancy.

If you are pregnant, then mensovit plus cannot prevent the growth of fetus or help in abortion.

For abortion, you can opt for medical kit for abortion only under the guidance of expert gynaecologist.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.

Follow-up: Does mensovit plus avoid pregnancy 10 days after missing period? 42 minutes later
Shall i consult you dr XXXXXXX in person if test results are positive to come out of pregnency,since i dont have a family doc & iam still not married.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

I would really like to help you on this matter but it is difficult as I am practicing at Saharanpur- XXXXXXX PRADESH. You can see a gynaecologist in your area or you can mail requesting details of gynaecologist in your area to YYYY@YYYY

Sincerely hope it will help.

Wishing you an early recovery.
Follow-up: Does mensovit plus avoid pregnancy 10 days after missing period? 1 hour later
Hi ,

I took the mensovit plus morning one tab, now blood is getting clot heavly & stomach is very paining, is it a regular period. Please suggest..Is this confirmed no pregnancy or anything need to see to confirm it.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
It could be a delayed period but still you can do a pregnancy test with your urine to be sure that it is not an abortion.Usually the pregnancy test remains positive few days after abortion as the raised hormone levels take some time to come down to normal levels.
Hope your worry is over now.