Does mensovit help in removing the pregnancy ?

Question
Hello doctor,Last period"s date (08.07.11) my period"s date expect 8 to 10th, but periods not happend, then checking pregancy card, then positive came, after that take mensovit plus cabsules at 16 to 18 th, but now periods not happend, What i do next, please help him
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later

Since your periods were overdue and the pregnancy test was positive, it means you are pregnant.

"And Mensovit plus capsules are not used to produce abortion". These capsules do produce bleeding in cases of delayed periods caused by hormonal disturbances and not pregnancy.

Abortion is said to be complete when all the products of conception is expelled. Misoprotol/mifepristone and other medications are useful abortifacient prescribed by gynecologist. You may use these medications under the guidance of a gynecologist.

I encourage you to consult your gynecologist for proper management after doing investigations like ultrasound of abdomen.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Regards.

Follow-up: Does mensovit help in removing the pregnancy ? 5 days later
dear mam i had that tablets on friday and i got period sunday .but after two days and past three days i'm getting down stomack pain(it's like a punching and too much pain in down stomack).i'm nt able to control so only yester day i have taken Baralgon(period pain tablets).after dat that day was ok.again today morning i'm getting pain.what to do wheather i should take any tablets or else tell me what tablets should take .

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.

You are having an undiagnosed acute pain in abdomen along with possibility of pregnancy.

It is best to go for an ultrasound examination to rule out ectopic pregnancy.

Without proper diagnosis, it is inappropriate to take any medication.

Wishing you an early recovery.
Regards.

Follow-up: Does mensovit help in removing the pregnancy ? 3 hours later
thanks for the replay but i got over bleading only how it's nt clear,otherwise wat type of test i should take for wheather it's clear or not .i got period on sunday from sunday i got over bleading only.please tell me wat to do

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up query.

Only vaginal bleeding does not mean that abortion is complete.

The fetus and other products of conception are also need to be expelled out.

You need to have an ultrasound scan of abdomen to know the exact cause.

I hope I have answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Regards.

Follow-up: Does mensovit help in removing the pregnancy ? 26 minutes later
Thank you..no other way of doing something.bcaz now i cannot go for scan might be subday i can go if any other options to complete the abortion .or else to check pragency test or some other test

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for the follow up.

Doing any other test like urine for pregnancy will not help as this test remains positive even 7-10 days after a complete abortion.

Going for an ultrasound scan is the only option left with you. Earlier the diagnosis, better will be the treatment.

Incomplete abortions are XXXXXXX since they can lead to infections.

The medicines can only be suggested only after a proper diagnosis is made.

Hope this will help you.
Regards.

Follow-up: Does mensovit help in removing the pregnancy ? 22 hours later
yesterday i went hospital and they did scan and they said it's was completed .they gave some tablets for pain but also it's not controlling since i'm getting heavy pain in down stomack.but bleading was very low.......wat to do

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Thanks for writing back to us.

After a Complete Abortion sometimes severe pain in lower abdomen is seen due to the after pains felt by the uterus.

Antispasmodic like Drotaverine and Mefenamic acid given round the clock do help to a large extent.

Even after this treatment, it takes 3-5 days for this pain to subside considerably. As these drugs are scheduled drugs you need to get it prescribed from your Physician.

Hope this helps you.

Regards.

Follow-up: Does mensovit help in removing the pregnancy ? 48 hours later
thanks for your replay.....

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 44 minutes later

You are most welcome and can contact us anytime for your health queries.

Truly wishing you an early recovery.