Does masturbation post 2 days of chlamydia medication have any impact ?

I am a healthy 18 year old female who has been diagnosed with chlamydia. I wanted to know if I could still masturbate after having the medication just 2 days ago
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh, 10 minutes later

It is safe to masturbate even while you are on antibiotics. You may need to take care and avoid contact of the secretions with eyes. If the secretions are transferred to the eyes via fingers or any other means, the eyes may get infected with the Chlamydia.

There is no reason why masturbation cannot be done. It is advisable to abstain from intercourse to avoid passing on the infection to the partner, but masturbation is safe.

I hope I have answered your query. Please let me know if you wish to ask more. I will be glad to help.

Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD