Does masturbation lead to heart attack?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I heard a few stories about kids like me who regularly masturbate and have died in the process because of a heart attack. This scares me because I masturbate too, and I get chest pain when I'm done, and I find it hard to breathe. I can't even play basketball like I used to because I keep running out of breath, and I used to be a terrific athlete before I started masturbating heavily. Also, one time, while i was about to ejaculate, I felt a really bad sharp sting in my heart area and I had to stop before secreting. Also, I find it hard to breathe sometimes and I cough heavily and frequently as if I'm old. I am really worried about this, I'm confused if masturbation is really healthy for you and if it is, then why am i experiencing these symptoms. Help me, please.
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan Rommstein 41 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Wish you good health.
DOnt trust to such stories. This is not true and there is no such relation between masturbation and death or any other disorder.
You should find some other causes of your symptoms. Masturbation, same as sexual intercourse, cause excitement, and activation of sympathic system which includes rapid heart beating and breathing etc. In healthy people this wont cause any problems just as any other physical activity doesnt cause.
So I suggest to do cardiology examination. YOu might have some nonserious heart or lungs problem. I am sure that it has nothing with masturbation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help"