Does masturbation have a negative effect on orgasm?

Question
Hi Dr , I am 20 years old female . I have been masterbating since I was 16 years old ( 4 years ago ) . 3 months ago I got married and since that day (lost my virginity ) until this moment , I have never had any pleasure in sex ( no orgasim unless masterbating )!! Is that a consequence of masterbation ? if yes what should I do so that I can enjoy sex ?? I really need some urgent help please .
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Women Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 48 minutes later
Hi ,

First of all let me assure you that masturbation doesn't have any negative effect on the orgasm/the sexual life.

Orgasm is individual perception and it varies from one individual to another and from man to woman.Don't think unnecessarily about other things(like worried about satisfying the partner,thinking about the past etc..) since these things can influence the orgasm.

You can indulge in foreplay ,and if possible you can discuss this with your husband and surely he can help you. If nothing helps you , you can consult a Psychiatrist he/she will do the counselling and help you in this problem.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Regards.