Does masturbation decrease growth in height? How to increase height after 19 year?

Good

Question
does masturbation cause decreased height growth?how can i increase my height after age 19?
plz help me i am a medical student studying in 2nd year mbbs
Posted Tue, 9 Oct 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 54 minutes later

Masturbation doesn't affect height.

There is not much you can do at this age to increase your height. Most bone have fused or few are about to fuse at this age. You can try few exercises like jumping, rope skipping, cycling and basket ball, etc; but even these are likely to have limited effect on your height now.

Height is controlled by many factors and one might not be able to alter them at this age, as most are hereditary factors. Hormonal therapy is not justified for treatment of short height.

Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Follow-up: Does masturbation decrease growth in height? How to increase height after 19 year? 52 minutes later
my height is 5'3'' now is it sufficient ? how much it can be increased still more at this age? does hgh really works?
...thanking u in advance

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 7 minutes later
You may grow up to 3-4 inches still and I guess by Indian standard that should be a good average height.

Please don't worry about your height. It's not only height, but decent personality and nature is what that matters.

Hope this helps. If you have other concerns, let me know.

Follow-up: Does masturbation decrease growth in height? How to increase height after 19 year? 14 minutes later
Sir,what should do for those 3-4inches increase??
Is there any treatment or exersise programme that would help me?
Human growth hormone could be helpful ?my friend takes hgh for body building he was suggesting me to take hgh injections for height boost

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later
I don't personally advocate use of external growth hormone or hgh, as they can disturb natural body balance.In my view you should avoid any such preparations.

There is no good evidence that exercises or diet can increase the height at this age. Since genetics and nutrition are the most important factors influencing the height, you should have attained 90% of height by now. You may try it out to leave no stone unturned. I found this article interesting. You may want to read this.

WWW.WWWW.WW
Hope this answers your question.

Regards.