Ask a Urologist   »  

Does masturbation cause small lump/dot on the penis head ?

ENT Specialist
Question
i have noticed a small lump/dot on my penis head.. haven't had sex in a few months. i was masturbating quite often before it appeared, would that have anything to do with it? it seems to be more noticeable when erect.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 1 hour later

After reading your description, primarily I feel that this might be a non concerning problem and you might not be suffering from any serious condition.

Now let me discuss all the possibilities, that are present at your age of 21. Following are the possibilities--
1- It could be inflamed and enlarged sweat gland.
2- It could be inflamed sebaceous gland.
3- Any micro abscess.
At your age these are common possibilities.

What you will have to do now are:

1- Maintain proper hygiene.
2- You may use topical antibiotic skin cream which are available the counter for 7-10 days.
3. If the condition persists or the size increases then consult a dermatologist.

Please don't be embarrassed of this condition, it is a very common and benign entity.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.

Regards.