Ask a Urologist   »  

Does masturbation cause pain in the penis?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I masturbathe averagely one time a day, sometimes two. Yesterday when i ejaculated the pressure was slow. However, i did it yesterday and it was fine again. I woke up today with pain in my Penis Shaft, i felt it was sort of swelled but it looked fine. Also let me remind you my penis was hard for a very long time the last time i master bathed and thats where it hurts, my penis shaft close to my pubic area. Is that Pain normal after masturbathing at this capacity. Should i stop for a while? Is Masturbation XXXXXXX for my future?
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pain is due to prolonged congestion of Penis. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have pain in penis after prolonged masturbation yesterday. During erection the blood flow to the penis is increased to 20 folds than normal blood flow resulting in to congestion of penis . Prolonged masturbation causes trivial injury to erectile tissue due to tight grip and handling of penis during masturbation .This congestion and inflammation remains there for a long time giving rise to pain in penis. As regards ill effect of masturbation I would like to state that there is myth in a mind of common man that masturbation may cause sexual problems in future But I would like to state that it has been discussed in scientific forums all over the world and proved scientifically that masturbation does not have any negative effect on any organ or system in the body.However addiction to masturbation may cause delayed ejaculation and orgasm during sexual intercourse with your partner due to lack of excessive stimulation of genitals to which your used to get with tight grip of your hand while masturbating. Please avoid frequent masturbation and get yourself engaged in some activities like sports,reading ,listening to music etc so that you will not get spare time to masturbate. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.